Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Four Simple Mandala Patterns | A Step by Step Tutorial

this is the image of four simple mandala patterns drawn on an A4 paper using a fine UniPin pen


*****
Welcome to my Blog!
this is the image of a smiling woman, wearing a boho dress, and holding in her hands two mandala coloring books
I am Maria hajj a meditative art teacher, a coloring book illustrator, a Youtuber and a blogger.
If you are a fan of Meditative mandala coloring books then please scroll down to find the links to my books.
Follow me on Instagram: @mandala_art_bymaria
Follow me on Pinterest:@mandalabymaria
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel
*****
Mandala Patterns
this is the image of four simple mandala patterns drawn on an A4 paper using a fine black pen
Mandala patterns are created from a combination of mandala basic shapes. To learn more about Mandala basic shapes CLICK HERE
In this tutorial the patterns are as follows:
1- The first pattern is based on a regular petal as a parent shape. Inside this regular petal I drew another regular petal that is shorter but as wide and decorated it with curved lines. Around the border of the smaller petal I drew a number of long petal arcs and colored the blank space in black. The inside border of the large petal is decorated with arcs.
2- The second pattern is an ensemble of swirls tied together.
3- The third pattern is based on an arc petal and inside of this arc I drew a number of tear drops from large to small, starting from the center. The blank space is colored in black.
4- This pattern is a combination between a regular petal, swirls and tear drops.

How to use these patterns:
As a first step in every mandala, you should prepare a mandala grid. Start by marking a point that will be the center of all circles. Choose the measures of the radii and trace your circles. 
Using the protractor, divide these circles into equal sections. So you can either mark a point every 10 degrees, 15 degrees, 20 degrees, 30 degrees or 45 degrees. It all depends on how you want your Mandala to look. More lines mean tighter grid sections and more patterns to fill.
To understand more about mandala grids CLICK HERE

Video Tutorial:
I have shared with you the video posted on my YOUTUBE channel showing you how to trace these patterns step by step. 
Remember to subscribe and turn the notification bell on to be the first to watch my daily uploaded videos.
*****
My Meditative Mandala Coloring Books
this is the image of two mandala coloring books placed perpendicularly
I would like to introduce you to my coloring books. So far I have two books published on Amazon, and I have 2 books being assembled that I will, soon, hopefully, add to this list as well.
The books on Amazon are the following: Mandala coloring book by maria hajj and Summer mandala coloring book by maria hajj.
The first book is all mandalas satisfying all levels. The second book contains mandalas, zentangles, sea animals and summer fruits. 
I truly hope that you will add my books to your collection of coloring books!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mandala Tutorial n. 144 | How to Draw a Yin Yang Mandala | A Step by Step Tutorial for Beginners

***** Welcome to my Blog! I am Maria hajj a meditative art teacher, a coloring book illustrator, a Youtuber and a blogger. If y...